Friday, August 25, 2006

The Great Antithesis

Note: The names (of individuals and organisations) mentioned in this following text are fictitious and resemblance to any person living or dead or to an organization existing/acquired/merged/closed/doomed is purely by coincidence. The author does not intend to hurt the sentiments of any individual/organization in any way.


I stopped my car inside Sadanand lobby and waited for valet parking. The security handed me a tag and drove my car into the parking lot. I turned back to face the pedestal board and it read

2nd Floor : Three Point Tech (3.T)
1st Floor : Hughes


No way, agreed Wednesday is midweek and people do party, but what a coincidence. Same place and two companies whom I am/was associated with.

I quit 3.T five months back. I just didn’t like my work profile. They interviewed me on various technologies and the training sessions were really good. Techno-Functional insight into commodity trading was what we learnt in the first month at 3.T. Even the initial two weeks of the project were good where I got a chance to venture into new frameworks and tools. But this satisfaction was short-lived. I was shifted to a project which had a weird release date ……….”Tomorrow evening” and that too, everyday. I just did testing for weeks together. Query values of columns from different tables, put them in some formulae and verify the results with values in result tables. My messenger status read “Trying hand at Microsoft calc”, “Microsoft calc is not user-friendly for NAV calculations”, “Handheld calculator is better that WinXP calculator” and so on. I mastered excel yet again, last time when I accomplished this feat was when I was a trainee on Reliance project and that earned me an entire product development effort. Coming back, I felt as if I was a numeration, a three years experienced well paid numeration man, paid to tally.

The messenger status turned to “Outcast by choice, verge of annihilation, extermination…”

I joined Hughes and am very happy with my job here. Five months down the line, here I was, standing face to face with a board, which flashed my previous months like a nasty adventure. It was a welcome party for our GSS head who had come down from the US. As I started climbing the stairs I crossed my ex-mentor. We exchanged a few pleasantries and two stark antithesis gushed forth.

One, ours was a welcome party to our head and theirs, a sendoff party to the company’s director

Two, the director was the same person, who was interested in knowing the reason I wanted to quit, during my exit interview. Mebbe he picked some ideas from the exit interview!!!!

2 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your messenger captions..!!

 
At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I approve of with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the downgrade issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=vicspy keylogger 2008 ?
I noticed the utter you have in the offing not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of promotion of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home