Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The way it goes

My girlfriend was grumpy when I met her yesterday. I was trying to recollect the reason, which might have freaked her out. Something I had done or the way I behaved, a commitment I breached, what was it? After a dead pause of few minutes I decided to break the silence.

“Out with it, whatz wrong sweetheart?” I whispered in her ear
“Just don’t talk to me” she yelled
“Chill babe! At least tell me why are you so freaked out?” I questioned her with authority
“Ya, exactly, now ask me why am I angry. You don’t even understand the way you hurt me” she lamented
“Ok, now tell me na” I said
“You are so busy with your professional life, new house and friends that you don’t even have time for me” she cried
“Hey when did this happen? I though everything was going on fine, suddenly this feeling of insecurity?” I asked
“Just the other day, you were hanging out with your friends at Apache and I called, you didn’t even talk to me properly” she gave me a nasty look.
“Come on, the other day even you hung up, so I guess we leveled now?”
“Don’t talk to me, go and work, go”

And then I remembered, all the conversation raced through my mind like water gushing out of Khadakwasala when they open the gates. Look at the amazing antithesis.

Scene 1: I am with my friends at Apache

Cell : Miss Special calling .. Pehela Nasha ringtone . Miss Specials eyes as thumbnail.
I : Hello
She : Hi!!!!!
I : What are you doing
She : Waiting for tomorrow, to meet you sweetz
I : Me 2
She : You are having beer again?
I : Again, it was a WEEK back when we had one
She : NO, its not a WEEK back, its JUST A WEEK BACK
I : Just one simple, innocuous beer. (Well we never stop at one, but this line brings in awesome

emotions). So shall we talk tomorrow?
She : No, I want to talk to you just now
I : We are meeting tomorrow na?
She : Still, I want to talk to you just now, tomorrow and day after also (in a childish tone)
I : It’s my friend’s farewell sweetheart
She : So? You can’t talk to me?
I : Our conversation seldom ends in 5 min
She : I am your girl friend
I : Yeah, but we are meeting tomorrow, so we can always talk then
She : But I want to talk to you just now. I don’t care where you are
I : Try to understand
She : I don’t want to understand
I : Please
She : NO
I : Ok, now I will hang up
She : Look at you, least bothered, you wait and watch tomorrow
I : Hehe, good night, love you
She : ME 2 (when she is angry she won’t say love you 2, it ends with me 2)

Scene 2: She is with her friends and I call

Cell : Neha. calling .. regular ringtone.. no thumbnail (that dot distinguishes me from
the real Neha)
I : Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She : Neha is coming, I can’t talk right now, bye bye bye bye, Click
I : ?????????????????????????????????

The DJ plays Linking Park – Numb ……………..

I've become so numb, I can't feel you there

I've become so tired, so much more aware
I'm becoming this, all I want to do
Is be more like me, and be less like you

Well that’s how it goes. Their wish is our command, our wish is their profanation.

7 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger harsh said...

"Their wish is our command, our wish is their profanation."

So very true!!

harshal.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good that I am single! :)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger PRACHEE said...

Good Luck !

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amey... was this on the 29th of Aug.. my farewell party by you, pasha bhai and Nitin??? Us time bhi tera phn baja tha... hehe... yeah yeah... am damn sure I heard the Pehla Nasha ringtone at that time :P

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So does ur cell still play the same tune for that someone?? ;)
uumm...if m not mistaken u were at Apache that time!!i remember the day..had spoken to ur frend..n then later lot of things happenned right???????! ;)

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger ams said...

ahem!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Risha said...

All the best !!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home