Friday, August 25, 2006

Outstanding Performance

It was one of the few nights that I remember. Our GSS head had come over from US and we had organized a small welcome party for him and there was a surprise event which we all were oblivious of.

After the introductory speech by Mike Wallesen we headed to the counter for a pint of beer. As the crowd dispersed into smaller groups our director announced the surprise event. As a token of appreciation for the effort, mentoring and going the extra mile, our department gave away “Outstanding Performance” awards to three of us. Aboli, Goutam and I were the honored ones.

I felt a sense of achievement when Mike read my name, a sense of satisfaction of being recognized after the efforts we all had put in during the past few months. As I shook hands with Mike and turned to face my collegues, I saw them smiling at me.

I came home excited and woke up the entire house, Dad, mom, uncle and granny, tube lights, computer, stereo, just about everyone. They failed to comprehend what was going on. I showed them the certificate and the greeting card with an appreciation note signed by our department head. My granny, who had studied from an English medium school during the British era as her father was a “Mamledar”, read through the entire transcript congratulated me and then nonchalantly asked,

“Who is Miki Walke?”

Jokes apart.

I would like to take this moment to congratulate each of my team members who have mentored me, helped me reach here and have extended all the support that they could in making AMAT and Target deliverables on time. This award is not only for me, but for all of us. Cheers guys, way to go!

3 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats dude!!

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Ameydon !

-Mrudul

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger ams said...

congrats man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home