Friday, June 09, 2006

Hair Technology

This is one of my cousins experience, he wanted me to share it with all of ya. Btw, when my cousin uses the word technology, it has a different meaning in each context, as if it inherits the features from a chameleon !!!

I wonder how I could do this today. But being a Gemini it was bound to happen with me one day. And finally the day arrived where I dallied with one of the most precious dead keratinized cells of my body, which I would never like to do… My Hair!

Right from childhood everybody is fond of their hair, u nurture them, style them for different events and take care of them.

So finally, after 26 years, I decided to do something with it and, at around 3 pm IST, I went to S- Cube Center (still wonder why its named is like this?).

“Why S- Cube Center?” just for curiosity, as I have lots in me, I asked that champion,
“Saab hum to yahaan kam kartee…malik ko hai pata hoga” said Guddu (Guddu is a Bihari, read with that accent!)
“What is a Cube?” he asked in split second
“Bloody idiot” I said in my mind “I am wondering what is S- Cube and this jerk wants a plausible explanation of a Cube?”

As usual, I never have answers for such interesting questions. “Married?” I changed the subject.
“Yes saab, 2 years backs, that’s why I am working here” Guddu replied

I said I can understand… But then suddenly I got more worried about my hair and wondered what the hell in life he was gonna do with them.

The salon was well designed, with lot of lights, gels and creams all around the place, a big mirror, comfy chairs with nice cushion (Oops I forgot one more thing, awesome music). I made myself comfortable and requested Guddu that I need an hair cut !

With both the hands he touched my hair. Unfortunately for me it was Guddu and I shouted loudly as to why Guddu and why not some girl? Hey folks, it’s a good idea to open a parlor where girls help u with all such things.

Coming back to reality (think BIG at least in such situations guys) ……….

“Your hair are in a very bad state “ Guddu said.
“Yeah, I know” I said and asked what should be done.
“Lemme think what should be done” he replied
“A Technical Evaluation? Ohhh No Plz …..” I muttered
“Why not straightening?” Mr Junior came forward
“No a Pepsi-Cut will look better!” Guddu said. I guess he had something else in his mind.
Pepsi-Cut reminded me of Ramdev Maharaj, “Pepsi can be used as a Toilet Cleaner and my new hair style as a brush dammit?”

“Will straightening help?” I asked and Guddu said it would suit me.
“What is the Cost of Pepsi Cut?” I asked him trying to comprehend the technology
“Sab milkaeee 120 bucks and then another 250 bucks for straightening” he said
“Ppopat bana rahii hoka merko…” I exclaimed.

Then after lot of discussion, in which, from Aamir to Abhishek, everybody’s hairstyle was discussed, I said fine, lemme blow some money. The technical evaluation on my hairs started at 3.30 pm.


To straighten the hair there was a Anti-Straitening gel. He applied it and combed my hair with a big comb. He did that for about 10 mins when he asked, “Do u need something to read till the hair dry. After they dry, we will able to set it properly”.

There wasn’t any other option, so I asked, “What is in store to read…. FilmFare or Stardust (which you will generally find in such places)”.

Guddu brought some issue, where, as usual, on the cover page there was King Khan (SRK). And bloody hell SRK’s interview at one end and Himmmmmmessshhhhh Bhai was giving me his Jhalak Dikhlaja Dose at the other end.

After hearing all the crap of Himesh Bhai and a cute interview of Aishya Takia for 20 mins the second phase came into picture.

I can define it as Modeling (hair but obvious). Guddu comes with the best model Mr.Vivek Oberio (ex - Aishwaraya). With some five different pictures he proposed my hairstyle could be made ditto Vivek.

“Forget it, I work in a Software Company and plz, I am not a Model” I passed out the idea. With all the possible ways, as he could have managed, he finally convinced me to say ‘Yes’.

And as usual ‘Sare Jaha Se Accha’ calls up (don’t think 2 much it was my sweet mom who called) and, without exchanging any pleasantries, fired a quick rounds of questions.

“Are you at the salon or some where else?” “What time r u coming home?” “U have 2 go 2 Deccan na?” “R u coming for lunch?” (I didn’t have any options)

I said “20 more mins……….. Bye!”

So finally Guddu Bhai made my hair look exactly like Mr.Vivek Oberio. I was so scared to get of that place with the though that if people observed my hair, what will they think?

I paid him the money and went directly to my house, had a quick wash and changed the hairstyle back to normal

In evening my illusions started and finally I had to write it. Hope you must have loved it.

3 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Amey Bhide said...

We need to hook up at apache dude and I wanna see the Vivek style ....... man Chitpavan gals gonna go crazy on your new look :D

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger ams said...

hey, i need to see ur new hair style. post ur snap here!

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man, i didnt recognize you from as near as 10 feet then you lit up your cig :) !!! amazing transformation...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home