Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Never ask

I committed a crime, as per her, a heinous crime. It’s aptly said; don’t ask a girl her age. I would like to add, don’t ask her weight too!!!

We met at our katta after a long time. As we were chatting, Nammo joined us. Ummm … not to say, but she appeared to have gained some excess flab. I tried to play with words to compliment her.

“Hey Nammo, you look healthier after coming back to Pune”
“Huh, mhanje?”
“Mhanje, healthier you know”
“So am I looking healthier for good or for worse?”

I should have just replied “for good”, but the ever active bug (EAB) in me blurted
Guess who am I talking about :)
“Healthier is a relative term, I ..”
“So you mean I have become fat?”
“Yes”
“Yes!!!”
“I mean no”
“No??”
“I just wanted to compliment you”
“By saying that I am fat”
“Come on, you have put on weight”
“So you were looking at me”
“Bole to?”
“Were you looking at me or not?”
“If I look at somebody else while talking to you, people will say I am cock-eyed”
“Why do you look at me?”

“What’s your height?” Baandu saved me
“5’6 ”
“And your weight?” EAB again
“Six …………… shutup”

She was grumpy the whole evening, we teased her a lot and she smirked at me for my compliment.

5 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ee bhide...kay dokyat kida asto re tuzhya?? ugach chidwat astos!!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Subboo said...

coolz..nice blog..and a lesson learnt by the reader as well as the writer, thanx for the tip man..it wil help me a lot..hehehe jus kidding..remember not to repeat this with ur wife..otherwise u r gonna get screwed big time!!! Keep writing bro..all the best

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Sunita said...

Am just having fun reading your blogs!! The best was the "Phone call" ...ha ha ha .... I couldnt stop laughing imagining you running :)
Will keep checking for more .... found you on ami's blog site today :)

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

prove karaychach nah dar velela..
kasa re! :P

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Leena Murugesh Nair said...

I loved the abbreviation EAB. Very creative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home